Green School News
Category : Post Primary
3B Class (Noel, Kate & Emma) created a project where they investigated the Hearing Aids/Cochlear Implants battery waste in the Holy Family School for the Deaf. They wondered how the students dispose (throw away) their battery. They did a survey and learned some interesting facts!
- 52% of our students use hearing aid battery. This type of battery is not rechargeable.
- 39% of students have cochlear implant battery which can be recharged.
- 50% of our students said they recycled their battery in the blue box (wee).
- The other 50% of our students dump their battery elsewhere (bag, waste bin).
- 94% of our students do not know what happens to the battery once it is thrown away.
3B Class invites you to think about ‘Where does it go and is it harmful to our environment?’. You can find out the answer on the Green School Noticeboard in school.
Check out the Green School Committee research and their new action plans on improving our schools recycling of battery waste on the Green School Noticeboard.
GREEN SCHOOL COMMITTEE Tip of the Month!
- Please keep all your dead batteries (hearing aids betteries, from toys, remote controls etc…) and bring them to our school and dispose them in our new Weee recycle boxes. There will be a prize for a class who collected the most, watch this space….